Where do young people get information about sex and relationships?
Ideally young people can rely on a parent or trusted adult, educator, or medical provider for this information. Too often, though, their answers come from a quick Google search, friends, significant others, or the media – and those answers can be far from factual.
BrdsNBz Indy serves youth, ages 13 to 19, who live in Indiana. Young people may send a sexual health question via text message and a trained health educator will respond within 24 hours with a personalized, medically accurate answer.
View our Terms and Conditions for more information.
How to Use BrdsNBz
- Text IndyTeen to 66746, or scan the QR code above, to opt-in to the service. You only need to opt-in the first time.*
- Text your question to 66746.
- You will receive your personalized, medically accurate answer within 24 hours.
- Text STOP to 66746 to opt-out.
- Text HELP to 66746 for help.
How Can BrdsNBz Help?
We receive an amazing array of questions through BrdsNBz. Examples of the most common topics/questions include:
- Sex: What certain slang terms mean. The risks of specific sexual activities. Dispelling myths about sex.
- Relationships: How to know if someone likes you. How to ask someone out. What to do if a partner mistreats you.
- Bodies: What a period is and what to do. Am I normal? Anatomical questions.
- Safety: How to get birth control. How pregnancy occurs. How HIV and STDs are contracted. Where to get tested.
- We cannot diagnose medical issues like HIV, STDs, and/or pregnancy. We will refer users to seek the help of a medical professional for a diagnosis and care. We inform them of their rights and of local resources.
- We often counsel users to seek the advice of a parent or trusted adult.
- We do not provide information on sexual technique.
- We have a strict confidentiality policy. We will only break confidentiality to follow a red flag protocol if a user indicates the danger of some imminent harm.
*Message & Data Rates May Apply